Friday, October 27, 2017

My General Philosophy

Greetings and salutations.  My blog is about economic and political thought.  Due to my lack of omniscience I will sometimes change my mind.  However, I most likely will never change the core of my philosophy.
I am a fundamentally socially liberal person.  I believe people should be free to marry whomever they want or to do drugs.  While I do not approve of drug usage I believe that people should be free to do what they want to do as long as it doesn’t infringe upon the rights of others.  Liberty is enormously important and it’s sacrifice should be done only in the most dire situations.
On economic matters I am libertarian.  I am against the minimum wage, rent control, and tariffs.  It is my  belief that social security should be privatized and people should get healthcare “vouchers” which they can spend on any health insurance plan.  The free market is the most efficient system of producing and distributing goods.  Any attempt to stray from free enterprise has resulted in a weaker economy and has made people worse off.  Welfare programs such as Aid to Families with Dependent children or food stamps has made the people worse off whom it was intended to help and has caused vastly distorted incentives.
         I will justify my claims and attempt to use logic and reason to make my arguments.  Enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment